Entrepreneurial Experience in CHINA
Company MoonCast Limited October 2002 -
Creation along with Chinese partners of MoonCast Limited a Hong Kong company which aims at:
* Developing consultant activities in value added services for the Telecom industry;
* Developing a video-based service provider for China Mobile (GPRS) and China Unicom (CDMA 1X).
* Set up partnerships with ThinMultimedia (www.thinmultimedia.com - video solution for wireless handsets), Hongjing (www.13city.com - Chinese ASP) and SWAPCOM (www.swapcom.fr - wireless messaging platforms provider).
* Market analysis;
* Business plan for a video-based service provider;
* Specification of video-based services and associated business models;
* Consultant for CITIC : define video based services for a MVNO launched by CHINA UNICOM;
* Assist ThinMultimedia to launch their video server on BREW handsets with China Unicom (BREW platform);
* Assist NewBridge (http://www.newchabridge.com/) to define their strategy to move on 3G handset market;
* Advisor for EASSON TELECOM (www.eassontelecom.com) – Mobile Service provider located in Guangzhou - Guangdong province – PRC.
SICAP/SWAPCOM September 2004 – Now
SWAPCOM has been bought by SICAP in September 2006 – SICAP/SWAPCOM company is specialized in services based on USSD, OTA SIM and prepaid billing system, Mobile device Management and Multimedia messaging gateways.
* Presales and business development for Asian (Indonesia and Taiwan), African (Nigeria, South Africa and Angola), Middle East (Syria and Iran) and European markets;
* Responsible – as presales - of the main deals (3 deals between 400kE and 1200kE) in 2007 for SICAP Fr.
Product Manager “Mobile Internet”/Business development in CHINA
Company Eureka Soft January 2001- October 2002
Missions: In charge of the Market analysis, competitors analysis, definition and evolution of products, marketing, and training of a platform allowing the development of new services for the “mobile internet”.
- Definition, specification and supervision of a prepaid service for GPRS (data) based on Camel Phase 3;
- Definition of a services platform including messaging capabilities (SMS, EMS, MMS), internet telephony capabilities (SIP) and fix telephony capabilities (ISUP, ISDN);
- Definition of SMS platform for PSTN. This project is related to the development of Eureka Soft in CHINA. In collaboration with Chinese partners (operators, phone providers and SSII), definition of a messaging platform to exchange messages between Internet, PSTN and PLMN. This platform has been tested during the summer 2002 within China Telecom – Guangdong Province.
Project leader/junior product manager “services platform for UMTS”
Company Alcatel CIT - SRD 1999-2000
Missions: with SRD (Switching and Routing Division), project leader as well as junior product manager for the development of the UMTS Value Added Service platform, Management - animation of a team of 12 engineers to design and develop a “services platform for UMTS (3G)”, technological watch concerning 3GPP achievements (UMTS services, VHE, CAMEL and “Core Network”), PARLAY as well as IETF achievements (SIP/CPL, PINT/SPIRIT) and Training and marketing concerning this product
- First version of the product;
- Presentation and transfer of the know-how on PARLAY and SIP;
- Writing of Marketing document;
Robotics, sculpture, 3D printing, Telecom